CHLG Statement of Faith
- We believe in the one eternal God, Creator and Lord of the world, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who governs all things according to the purpose of His will.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, and in the historic fact of His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, and His ascension to the right hand of the Father.
- We believe that all men and women in their natural state are lost and in need of salvation through Jesus Christ, and that this salvation can only be attained through personal faith in Christ. We believe that Christ is the only mediator between God and mankind.
- We believe in the unique divine inspiration, truthfulness, full trustworthiness, and authority of both the Old and New Testament scriptures in their entirety as the only written word of God, without error in all that it affirms, and the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
- We believe in the necessity and efficacy of the substitutionary death of the Lord Jesus Christ for the redemption of all who place their faith in Him.
- We believe in the presence and power of the Holy Spirit in the work of regeneration, including conviction of sin, faith in Christ and new birth. We believe the Christian is enabled to live a godly life by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
- We have an expectation of a personal and visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ, in power and glory, to consummate His salvation and His judgment.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost. We believe that the saved will live eternally with Christ in Heaven and that the lost will live eternally without God in hell.